Sunday, January 16, 2005

Video: The Unsinkable Molly Brown

This one was a Netflix experiment. I saw it on the list (maybe even my recommendations list), and thought - what the heck! I'll try it out. Verdict? It was okay. Kind of long, and lacking in plot moving-forward-ness. But of course, this was made in 1964 before the world had gone ADD.

What was I saying?

Debbie Reynolds. I feel like I should know her from something, but after looking at the list of things she's been in, I think I only know her from being... Debbie Reynolds.

Molly Brown was a real person, and I guess we are supposed to believe this movie is about her life. Well... kind of. They play around with the timeline of her life a little bit (she was on the Titanic to go back to nurse her sick grandchild, not to get back together with her estranged husband). The whole poor girl meets poor boy then strikes it rich thing is true. And the Colorado part. I can't firgure out if they really did burn $300,000 in the stove though.

Anyway, I recommend this movie only to people who have a lot of patience with old movies that drag. There are some great parts, with a lot of filler.

Huh?

Molly Brown: It's not the money I love, it's the not having it I hate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home