Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Video: Drive Me Crazy

I watched this while I was unpacking my clothes. This movie was actually named after a Britney Spears song. Remember? You Drive Me Crazy.? The movie was based on a book, called "How I Created My Perfect Prom Date."

Anyway, I like it, as I like all stupid teeny-bopper flicks. I heart cheesy movies with 'kids' (played by aging young adults generally) going through the exact same situations in new settings. There are the popular, the geeks, the love-lorn, the dumb jocks... You know the stereotypes. And no matter how hard they try to hide them, they always run rampant in the teeny bopper movies. Ahhh... the comfort of consistency.

Drive Me Crazy features Clariss - no I mean, Sabrina - oh wait! I mean Melissa Joan Hart as the popular girl who can't get the popular guy of her dreams (who has the WORST hair style EVER in a movie since 1992). To make Dumb Jock fall for her, she decides to make over her next door neighbor, a former friend, current anti-establishment rebel. So Rebel gets made over, and guess what happens? You'll just have to watch now, won't you?

Highlights of this movie include: Dee Vine (played by the ubiquitous high school character actor Keri Lynn Pratt - she's 26 and has played a HS student in movies/TV since she was 19); the requisite geeky friends; and... Okay, those may be the only highlights. But it is a good movie to watch while you do something else. :)

Here's a better list (man, oh, man was this hard to compile! There are so many good movies missing):

Top Ten Teeny Bopper Flicks:
10. Better Off Dead - John Cusack
9. Drop Dead Gorgeous - Kirsten Dunst
8. Say Anything - John Cusack
7. Can't Hardly Wait - Ethan Embry, Jennifer Love Hewitt
6. Bring It On - Kirsten Dunst
5. Mean Girls - Lindsay Lohan
4. Breakfast Club - Molly Ringwald, Judd Nelson
3. Sixteen Candles - Molly Ringwald, (John Cusack)
2. 10 Things I Hate About You - Julia Stiles, Heath Ledger
1. Clueless - Alicia Silverstone, Paul Rudd

Don't you love it all!!!

Nicole: When girls fight, it's an art. Alicia's an artist.

My quote is not quite right, but it is the best quote in the movie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home