Saturday, January 01, 2005

Theater: The Aviator

The Aviator was my first movie of 2005! How thrilling!

Saw it with my parents and my sister.

Mom: It was long.
Dad: I liked it.
Lindsay: It was good.

Me: It was really quite good. Leonardo DiCaprio did a mighty fine job portraying Howard Hughes (who I always get confused with Hugh Hefner. NOT the same person...) I did not know that HH was in a relationship with Katharine Hepburn OR that he'd almost died after crashing a plane into Beverly Hills OR that he'd had his very own Senate hearing. The movie definitely made me want to read a biography on him.

Katharine Hepburn was played by Cate Blanchett. She had Ms. Hepburn's mannerisms and voice down spot on, but I could not get over the fact that it was Cate Blanchett. Man, oh, man, how I wish that I could be like Katharine Hepburn, though. She was awesome. It made me wish that the biopic was about her.

Overall, I thought the movie was very good. I'd be surprised if it is not nominated for something - picture, actor or what-have-you.

Oh, and it had John C. Reilly in it, who ALWAYS makes me smile. I'd like a little talking John C. Reilly doll to cheer me up when I'm feeling blue.

Howard Hughes: You feel like a little adventure?
Katharine Hepburn: Do your worst, Mr. Hughes.

1 Comments:

At 11:41 PM, Blogger shadow of a dude said...

The Aviator is one of the best films I've seen last year. It'll definitely make the nomination list for the best picture for Oscar. It's already nominated for the Best Motion Picture (Drama) for the Golden Globe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home