Saturday, January 01, 2005

Video: Anchorman

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy was a rental to satisfy my father. I saw it with my parents and my (other) sister.

I must say that I was not a huge fan of Old School. And by 'not a huge fan' I mean 'hated it greatly.' So I was not gunning to see Anchorman when it first came out. Then came a little film called Elf, which I thought was fantastic. That gave me enough faith in Will Ferrell to check out Anchorman.

Overall, I liked it. I do like Christina Applegate, post-Married With Children days. I'd watch MWC on occasion, but never really liked it. That Bud guy creeped me out. Will Ferrell pulled another funny and not too crass performance. And I loved Steve Carell as Brick Tamland.

They're releasing Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie on DVD. It is made from excess footage from the first film. I bet that was a fun set. Cool.

Brick Tamland: [opposing women in the newsroom] I heard somewhere their periods attract bears. They can smell the menstruation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home