Friday, January 14, 2005

Movies On Demand: Sleepover

Okay, I admit it. I had wanted to watch Sleepover ever since I saw the preview (probably one shown before some other kiddy movie I was seeing).

The title basically describes the movie. Four girls just out of eighth grade, having one last hoopla of a sleepover before one of the girls moves away. Simple enough. THEN the evil (and blonde!) girl comes to raise a ruckus and spread her evil ways. Why would she do such a nefarious thing?? (btw, this is the second time I've used the word nefarious today...) I'm glad you asked. It was because some high school guy wouldn't take her to the dance. Shocking, I know. You know that you would have started spreading evil yourself if you had found yourself in the same situation.

Anyway, back to the rabble-and-ruckus rousing. A scavenger hunt! Dress mannequins in your clothes! Get a man from a dating website to buy you a drink at a bar!! Steal your crush's underwear!!!

How could this movie not be fun I ask you? Add in a dad who thinks he's a good plumber, a dancing-on-table-tops mother, a weird older brother, an even weirder skater dude and a crazy security guard, and you've got a recipe for success, my friend. Especially if you throw in a tiny green electric car. Oh, and of course a love interest for the fat girl.

If you are a child, particularly of the female persuasion, have a slumber party! I urge you to! I miss those days, and this movie was a fun, if completely unrealistic, trip back to the days of late night giggling and unbridled gossip. With the occasional pan of warm water...

Hannah: Do you prefer celery or brownies?
Yancy: Is that a trick question?
Hannah: So just find a guy who likes brownies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home