Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Video: Election

I've been meaning to watch this Reese Witherspoon movie for a while, and I finally got around to it. I remember that my mom and sister had seen it and had not thought much of it.

I like it, though! I liked the whole freeze-frame/get into people's thoughts set up of it all. It ends up being one of those movies where you don't really understand everyone's motivations at the first watching. Meaning that I probably will watch this one again some time to see if I get a better understanding.

But, man, it was nice to see a version of that girl (or guy) from high school (or college, etc.). The "golden" one, who just seems to have everything go their way. Minus the people skills, of course. Reese Witherspoon did a fantastic job. I love the part where she is hopping around in joy.

I think it was trying to say something about morals and ethics, too, but I'm not quite sure what at this point...

Anyway... yay! Finally a movie worth watching. Phew. I was getting worried there.

Jim McAllister: Dave, as a friend I'm telling you that what you're doing is morally wrong, and it's illegal.
Dave Novotny: Jim, I don't need a lecture on ethics.
Jim McAllister: I'm not talking about ethics, I'm talking about morals.
Dave Novotny: What's the difference?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home