Saturday, January 08, 2005

TV: Return to the Blue Lagoon

Return to the Blue Lagoon was on television this afternoon. I'm not quite sure why I watched it. It may have had something to do with it being the sixth day of pretty bad sleep deprivation, leaving me half-comatose on my (small) couch. Or maybe it was because I was hypnotized by Milla Jovovich's eyes. And really, extremely bad acting. The only other things I've seen her in are movies where she doesn't speak English (i.e. Fifth Element) or good English (e.g. Zoolander)

Anyone know what the difference is between i.e. and e.g.? I know there is, but I can never remember. My time would have been much better spent had I used these two hours to research these differences (in excruciating detail) rather than watching this movie.

I like almost all movies. Except this one... Thankfully I slept through parts of it. These were the messages I got: Irish sailors are evil; chiseling is an instinct; as is the need to prove one's machismo by outracing a shark, even when the only around to impress is your 'sister;' sometimes toothless 'heathens' come to deserted islands to have random parties (but they don't hurt anyone, and don't leave much of a mess besides the random human skull); girls who wear clothes are sluts, whereas girls who don't are not.

That's about it.

Sylvia: I should think it must be ever so boring here.
Richard: What is the meaning of boring?
Sylvia: Boring's when you have nothing whatever to do. So you're bored, like you must be here.
Richard: [suggestively] No. We're never bored!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home