Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Theater: In Good Company

I actually saw this flick yesterday, but forgot to log it. Because it was so bad? Nay! Really, just because I got tied up posting books to sell on Amazon. If the movie had affected my memory/state of being in anyway, however, it would have been in that dazed that-was-a-fantastic-movie-that-I-have-to-sit-and-think-about way.

I heart Topher Grace. Just the fact that he goes by "Topher" instead of Chris speaks to his phenomenal-ness. And if you just pretend that that wasn't really him in one of the worst movies ever made - perhaps an evil twin or humanoid alien instead - then he's got a dang good track record. Short, but good. (That 70's show, Traffic, and this... oh, yeah, I'm not counting Mona Lisa Smile either). Topher does a fantastic job as Carter Duryea (isn't that a perfect name?!), a 26 year old professional whose life is not nearly as pulled together as he makes it seem.

Dennis Quaid also does a great great great job. I forget how much I like him until I see him in something. Anything, really. I think I may confuse him with Randy Quaid, but that is neither here nor there.

I think Scarlett Johansson (who knew she spelled her name like that? Not I!) looks like Marilyn Monroe. She's another actress that I tend to universally like. EVEN in The Perfect Score. She pulls another good performance in this one.

It's just a really, really good movie is all.

It almost made the 20+ minute wait in 30-some degree weather to get a ticket to sit in a freezing cold theater worthwhile.

Dan: You're my new boss? How old are you?
Carter: I'm 26 years old. How old are you?
Dan: I'm 51.
Carter: Fif- Wow! Wow. That's crazy. That's like a year older than my dad, so... that's weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home