Monday, January 31, 2005

Video: Possession

Saturday: I had Possession recommended to me by a friend a while back, but kept forgetting the title! It doesn't have much to do with the plot, as far as I can tell anyway.

It is about two modern day researchers (literary sleuths, according to the tagline) who are uncovering a clandestine affair between two Victorian poets. The movie portrays both storylines. The modern day pair is played by Gwyneth Paltrow and Aaron Eckhart (Eckhart apparently means "eyes too close together") The Victorian couple is played by Jeremy Northam and Jennifer Ehle. JENNIFER EHLE!!! Anyone? Anyone? It's Elizabeth Bennett! Can you believe it?!

It was a tad hard seeing her in another role (I've never seen her in anything but P&P) and adjusting to her as a lesbian (ahh the intrigue!). And Jeremy Northam is one of those guys that I always forget that I love.

I really did like the movie, though. It comes short of being a great movie, but it does have some good romance. Gwyneth, Jennifer and Jeremy are all very good. I think I would have cast someone other than Aaron Eckhart, though. And at times I had a really hard time understanding the motives of the Victorian poets. But then, they were Victorian. And... poets...

Randolph Ash: You cut me, Madam.
Christabel LaMotte: I'm sorry. I only meant to scratch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home