Sunday, January 23, 2005

Television: Summer School

Summer School was the afternoon movie on television today. Not having anything better to do, I watched it. I found that it was good for a few laughs, but not good enough to prevent me from answering the telephone or putting down the scarf I was crocheting.

It is the story of a bunch of delinquent kids who are forced to take remedial English in summer school. Sounds like the same plot you've seen in at least twenty other movies, right? Well the twist in this one is that the teacher is no more motivated than the students. Ahhh... Now THAT sounds interesting. Or at least... not excrutiating. (Not that I don't love motivational teacher movies - cause I do!)

I was most fascinated to see the thin Kirstie Alley and think of what she looks like now. Also, I was surprised to see that Mark Harmon was pretty cute. I've never seen him that way before, but then in 1987 he was a lot closer to my current age than he is now. I like that the kids don't actually pass the test at the end. Rock on.

Pam: You want us to study?
Shoop: The thought did cross my mind.
Denise: Well, what's in it for us? What do we get out of it?
Shoop: Literacy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home