Monday, January 31, 2005

TV: Lord of the Flies

Saturday: I watched Lord of the Flies at a slumber party in about sixth grade. I remember it vividly, as it was one of the most disturbing movies I'd ever seen: boys stranded on a deserted island who turn primal and start killing each other.

I was shocked by the movie when I was twelve. It was even worse at the age of twenty six! I hadn't realized how young these kids were - they're just babies!

It was also weird to think back to how we'd all been swoon-y about Balthazar Getty. Again, as a 26 year old, it is quite different. I appreciated Master Getty's acting abilities (he's quite good), but he's a tiny little boy! I do wish he'd grown up to be more successful. That'd be awesome.

Anyway, this movie is horribly, horribly disturbing. Like to the depths of your soul disturbing. But it is good.

Piggy: We did everything just the way grownups would've. Why didn't it work?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home