Sunday, March 20, 2005

Video: Apocalypse Now

One time, my Dad's cell phone accidentally called my aunt (it was in his pocket). He was watching Apocalypse Now when it happened. She got really worried and kept calling him back. Cause, you know, the movie is about war, so there's all this explosion and stuff in the background.

That was enough to inspire me to add it to my Must See list. The thing that struck me most (and I'm almost embarassed to admit this) is just how much Martin Sheen's children look like him. It is like Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez each took half of his looks. I think they both look more like their father than they do like each other.

Back to the movie: I see it included on a lot of "Top Movies Ever" lists. I don't think I'd add it to mine, but it is a good movie. In a disturning way. It is about Vietnam War and a Colonel that has gone crazy and the man whose mission is to find and kill him. I'm glad I saw it, but I probably won't watch it again.

Willard: It's a way we had over here with living with ourselves. We cut 'em in half with a machine gun and give 'em a Band-Aid. It was a lie. And the more I saw them, the more I hated lies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home