Monday, March 07, 2005

Theater: Be Cool

I didn't realize that Be Cool was a kind of sequel to Get Shorty until someone mentioned it to me this morning. It makes the scenes at the beginning, which seemed to be referring to something that I didn't know make a LOT more sense.

Since seeing it, I've heard that it hasn't done too well with the critics. Comparing it to Get Shorty (which I barely remember, except to know that everyone seems to love it), I can see where it may not be as good. But it is fun.

John Travolta, a former mobster who was in the film industry, decides to move into the music industry. He takes on Linda Moon (played by the really dang good - singer anyway - Christina Milian) as his protege and then the action starts!

It's not the best movie, but like I said, it is a lot of fun. Especially with Vince Vaughn as the slimy manager, Raji.

Raji: Stop hatin', start participatin'. Come on, twinkle twinkle, baby, twinkle twinkle. Wanna take a shot at me kid? Do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home