Monday, March 07, 2005

Video: The Lost Boys

I'm not really sure what made me add The Lost Boys to my Netflix list. It might have had something to do with the Corey Haim/Corey Feldman pairing. I went to a slumber party once where we watched a Corey/Corey flick (I think it was Dream a Little Dream) and I, being the nerd-book-lover that I was, didn't know who they were. I've felt that short-coming my whole life. Not that I've done all that much to remedie the situation...

But, I'd say The Lost Boys was an okay place to start. This movie stars Corey Haim and Jason Patric as brothers that move to a small California town. They are surprised to discover that their new town (besides having a surprisingly busy boardwalk area) is the "Murder Capital of America" and that there may or may not be vampires.

It's a fun movie, in that fake-scary kind of way. Like a scary movie for people who refuse to watch real scary movies. With enough quirkiness (and TERRIBLE eighties clothes) to make it more enjoyable than threatening. Ooh, but Kiefer Sutherland is at his creepy best.

Sam Emerson: My own brother a goddamn, shit-sucking vampire! Oh, you wait 'til mom finds out buddy.

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

http://www.ultimatetimmyfanz.com/main.htm

I think this part was the scariest bit of the movie....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home